Juice Cleanse/Fast Plan

You have probably read about my weight journey and the myriad of issues I have with weight. Seriously it's like you hit 30 and weight loss becomes an issue you didn't have before. I'm not trying to say that I have been skinny all my life bla bla bla. No. My weight has fluctuated over time and I have tried various things, some with great success and most with failure. Which sucks!


I hit 30 and I couldn't just go to the gym and lose the extra pounds I was packing. It became harder no matter which workout regimen I tried and needless to say it is frustrating. So I decided to do a juice cleanse to jump start my metabolism. It's a 2 week juice cleanse/fast that will probably drive me nuts but I am willing to give it a shot. So how will it work? Here are a few pointers:

  1. Start a cleanse before the actual cleanse. So 3 days before I start my official cleanse I will cut out any processed foods, sugar, artificial sweeteners, meats & other animal protein/by-products (dairy), fast foods, fried foods, refined carbs, caffeine, soda, and alcohol.
  2. Identify the juices you will drink. Will you make your own or will you use a juicery? I had initially planned to use a juicery but that quickly became an expensive option. So I will make my own juice. 
  3. Make a plan and stick to it. I will try this for two weeks and if I see progress I may do it longer. From what I have read it is important to drink water during the fast (it's always important to drink water but perhaps even more so during the fast). So in between the juices I will drink water making sure I drink half my body weight in ounces. What that means is if you are 100 pounds you drink 50 ounces of water etc I will drink a bottle of juice every two hours.
  4. Go shopping. I don't have a juicer so I plan to get the Breville Juicer that's currently $149.99 yikes!!! It has such good reviews so I might as well invest. 
Whatever your reasons are for cleansing/fasting, track your progress. I am doing it to lose weight. I will provide feedback on how that goes. I may even enter a before and after photo so look out for that. I plan to track how I am feeling so as to give an honest review.

From what I've read so far hard core exercise is out of the way so I plan to do my usual yoga and maybe include a few hot yoga classes as well.

My juicing plan will include 6 of the 8 juices  listed below per day. 




My weekly shopping list will look like this:


I will give a disclaimer here. I am not a trainer, dietitian, doctor etc I am not qualified to give anyone advice on what they should do with their body. SO if you choose to do this make sure you take the proper precautions. This is my personal goal that I want to test out. It is not an endorsement for anything so if you choose to do this again make sure you seek professional advice. 

Listening is loving....

No comments:

Post a Comment