Lose 1 Pound A Week!!!

I had an epiphany last night as I was thinking about my body goals for the year. In 2013 I lost quite a bit of weight. I was working out at least 3 days a week, eating right and sleeping right. You don't need to be a fitness guru to know that these are the 3 key things you need to lose weight.


Flash forward to 2014 through 2016 I kind of lost myself. I was still working out but I wasn't eating right and I wasn't resting right. I wasn't following the three mantras. I am not really a junk food eater but my alcohol intake increased. I'm not an alcoholic or anything but I was drinking every night. Two glasses of wine here, two shots of bourbon there, throw in a mixed drink and my weight started to suffer. I started to get that alcohol pouch and it caught me by surprise. What did I think would happen? ha ha Also I wasn't sleeping at least eight hours. 


Hindsight is twenty twenty so I have decided it is time to hit the reset button. For 2017 I am going back to my mantras.
  • Eat right
  • Workout right (3 days/week at a minimum)
  • Sleep right
My goal I believe is quite achievable goal. It's pretty simple 'Lose One Pound A Week'. Then maintain my desired weight. This being the second week of January I have already failed a little. I didn't work out three days last week but I ate right and I slept right. That counts for something because I am down a pound.

Think about it this way, if you lose a pound a week that's like 50 pounds lost!!! At some point you will plateau or start gaining muscle which is heavier than fat. I don't need to lose 50 pounds but I'm guessing if I can keep this up I will get to where I need to be. I will be sure to update y'all on how this works out and hopefully these thunder thighs can shrink!

Happy 2017 and all the best with whatever resolutions or goals you set for yourself.

Listening is loving... 

No comments:

Post a Comment