Be Smart

by cybrain

Being smart with your time and money is so important. Time is precious because it is not a commodity you can recover or store up to use later. Once you lose it, it is gone. Reminds me of the 'use it or lose it' policy in many companies. If you don't use those vacation days you lose them. It's the same idea with time. If you don't use your time wisely you lose.

I say that money is vanity because you will never make enough and you will never really be satisfied. You will always want more.The illusion that you need money to be happy is one that we have to be careful not to 'buy' into. Certainly having no money is not something I am advocating for but learning to be happy with what you have is the key. This has been tough for me. I have had to learn how to leverage what I have to suit my purposes. Whether it is paying the bills, traveling, charity, whatever I need to spend my money on I have had to learn to use what I have in a wise way to enjoy life to the maximum without stressing myself.

I recently read the book, 'tuesdays with Morrie' and I remember this line, "We put our values in the wrong things. And it leads to very disillusioned lives." Learn to value your time and using it to get the best out of life. Spend time with the people who matter. Invest your time in them and make a lifetime of memories. Learn to use money that you have. Stop using money you haven't earned chasing things you don't need and spending all your time working to pay for them. Do you see a vicious cycle here?You spend your whole life working to pay for things you don't need meaning you never make enough money. So you use your time doing something you probably don't enjoy to make money that you don't get to keep anyway so you don't even really enjoy it.

Listening is loving...

No comments:

Post a Comment