Bali Travel Guide

Traveling has become an all time favorite thing for me to do. When I'm not super busy I'm usually scouting out the next destination. I always get asked 'how do you afford it?' The answer is simple. It is a priority in my life right now so I find ways to afford it.


I heard someone say that all their life they saved for a rainy day and then one day they woke up and thought "What am I doing with my life?" "What interesting thing have I done lately?" Traveling changes you and so she started to travel and one day she realized that the rainy day had never come. That she was able to do the things she loved and still managed to put something away for that rainy day because you never know. So stop waiting for your rainy day and start living.

Moving on swiftly this past spring we had an amazing vacation in Bali Indonesia. It was one of the best vacations we have taken. The Balinese people are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. I have met people from all over the world in the various places we have gone but the Balinese definitely win the politest and kindest people trophy: ).

Why go to Bali?
  • It is an affordable honey moon destination.
  • There are so many things to do. From hiking, sightseeing, swimming on the beaches, surfing, swimming in hot springs, riding elephants, visiting temples, witnessing rituals and beautiful dances, visiting rice terraces, yoga retreats and so much more.
  • The food is Amazing!!!
  • You will meet the nicest people.
  • The culture.
In planning to go to Asia our biggest cost was airfare. I was constantly checking for deals and I scored a steal as you will see below. There was so much to see and do in Bali so I will break it out by the areas we went to.

What we spent: $1,694.95
Flight - $854.50
Ubud accomodation 3 days - $247.64
Nusa Dua accomodation 3 days - $232.16
Seminyak accomodation 2 days $332.75 - This was our splurge. We always pick a place where we spoil ourselves. This was SOOO worth it. You will see why when I post about Seminyak.

Food is super cheap in Bali. I enjoyed the best massages in my life for less than $50 for an hour to an hour and a half.

Where we went:
Ubud, Nusa Dua, Uluwatu, Mount Batur, Jimbaran Bay and Seminyak.

Where we stayed:
In Ubud we stayed at the Sankara Ubud Resort and Villa.
In Nusa Dua we stayed at Nusa Dua Beach Resort and Spa.
In Seminyak we stayed at The W Retreat & Spa Bali.

Tours:
We did various tours in Bali that I will get into later but they were all so affordable so we ended up spending less than $500 each that week on food, tours, entertainment, shopping and things like that. You just cant beat that.

Below are some photos of Bali just to give you an idea of how gorgeous it is.

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com


listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com




listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

 listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

listeningisloving.blogspot.com

I will do a post up of each day because each day had it's own surprises as we discovered beautiful Bali.

Listening is loving...

No comments:

Post a Comment