God Cannot Guide A Parked Car

I recently saw this quote somewhere can't remember where but it got me thinking. "God cannot guide a parked car".

Lately I have been feeling like I have not been living up to my full potential. I feel like I could do more with my time, my brain, my life in general. I think about money and if I am making enough to set myself up for a nice future. I think about my relationships and whether they are healthy. I think about my faith and question my growth and impact on other people. I think about my job and whether this is where I want to be. Basically the question at the back of my mind is am I doing enough?

autumn blue ridge parkway by evoo73



You see it is easy to get comfortable and complacent. To just go through the motions and call it living. While this is not a bad thing in itself, I think we need to challenge ourselves. Our minds need to be constantly nurtured. Our bodies need to be moving to stay healthy. I recently took up yoga something I thought I would never do. I didn't quite get it and I still don't get most of it but I love it. I am discovering new things about my body that make me feel like I am achieving something great. The phrase that 'It's not about the destination but rather the journey' finally resonates deeply with me. I should start a page on yoga hmmm.

Anyways when I saw this quote it lit up the fire that I had set as an intention for this year to start doing things that are progressive. Progress will look different for different people so don't look to others for inspiration. Look within and talk to God about where he is guiding you to. Take on something that has been in your mind and face it like David did with Goliath. Allow God to bless your work and allow him to guide you.

This quote implies also that along the journey you will get lost but God will steer you back in the right path but you need to be moving friends. I challenge you to start that project you have been putting away. I challenge you to improve that relationship you need to work on. I challenge you to change jobs and take on something more challenging and rewarding. I challenge you to be the best version of yourself.

Listening is loving...

No comments:

Post a Comment