Let Go And Let God

Matthew 6:34 says Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.


the grass looks better at sunset by Tambako the Jaguar

Do you ever worry about things? You would have to be like the freaking Dalai Lama if you didn't. We all worry about the same things at the end of the day. We all have the same problems regardless of where we come from. We worry about money, our families, school, the future, you name it. As long as you are alive you are prone to worrying. 

I've found that as good and as encouraging the word of God is, sometimes it feels like they are empty words. Picture facing a big and difficult task and someone says to you 'be strong and of good courage'. You are like what? Where is the application there?! Now don't get me wrong the word of God is alive and it’s relevant in every season so I know that the problem is usually me. In the business of life the words don't always resonate in my mind and in my heart especially when I need to hear them the most. Like really hear them and not just in one ear and out the other. 

When I face self-doubt and anxiousness the word of God is sometimes a distant whisper that should be a loud voice in my 'busy' life. It’s not right but I think it’s my normal. The voice of reason doesn't always come through strong. Raise your hand if you don't hear that still small voice when facing your biggest fears. We find ourselves thinking tirelessly and losing sleep trying to solve our issues. 

I am slowly finding comfort in taking scripture literally. What I mean by this is I don't try to over think it, for example when we are told to go into a quiet room and pray I don't think of a vestry or some grand place to pray in. I think my room suffices because its my private space. It's my quiet place where I can go in and talk to God earnestly. Really seek him first and let his wisdom penetrate my walls of worry.

In the same way I think of the verse in Matthew above and its application. So I take my pile of worry and bring it to God and leave it with him. I leave less anxious, it’s like a magic haha. Matthew 6:27 says 'And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?' Does this verse make you want to say BOOM! Like seriously just chill, it’s going to be okay. And if it doesn't end up being okay grace and mercy abound to those who trust in the Lord. So you see worry does nothing but cause weight gain and grey hairs : ). Let it go to someone higher and stronger.

Now I know it sounds easier than it really is but with time when you practice bringing your issues to God and slowly unloading your burdens to him, over time you start to let go. You start experiencing that peace that surpasses understanding. There will always be something to worry about and second worrying doesn't resolve anything.

God always has your back always and remember he put you on quite literally so he knows what you need. He has written us on the palm of his hand. Take heart friends and no matter how difficult it gets because it doesn't always work out the way we think it should, take it to the Lord in prayer.

Listening is loving...


1 comment: