Say 'I Love You' More Often

Why is it so hard for people to say 'I love you'? Not in a friendly context but within the confines of a more than platonic relationship. People just don't say these words often enough.




I have heard people say that actions speak louder than words but if you aren't saying anything at all then your actions will be the only thing to go by. Try saying them once in a while and then you can move to the actions speaking louder.

I've also heard people say that saying them often makes it become routine and meaningless. I beg to differ. You keep telling me you love me and when I get tired of hearing it I will most certainly let you know.

I've heard people say that they aren't touchy-feely, that they don't like to talk about their feelings. What a cop out! If from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks then you better be telling me you love me everyday or at least writing me Shakespeare worthy notes. Unless of course the heart in question isn't filled with love.

People need to hear or read these words. They are affirmation of what you feel for the other person. They are also a reminder that someone cares deeply about them. As a woman, and I'll be the first to tell you that I am not needy, I will honestly say that I want  to be told I am loved. Yes you can buy flowers and gifts and all that but what we usually forget is that there is only one person who can say those words and they have some significant meaning to us. To be loved and to be told you are loved in a relationship is so important.

I can only speak from the perspective of a woman and you can usually tell a woman who is loved well and who knows that she is loved. There's a confidence about that woman that no designer bag can give her. She knows she is loved and she knows it because she has been told constantly that she is loved. There are no guesses about it. Her smile speaks volumes.

While I don't know if men need to hear it I know that everybody needs to know that they are appreciated and it doesn't hurt to be told that you are loved. Show me one person who said 'you need to stop telling me you love me'.

Today I dare you to tell your significant other you love them. Pick up your phone and say 'I love you honey'. For some of you I'm sure your partner will think your phone was hacked by aliens. When you have been in a relationship for long you get lazy and you stop putting in the work. Telling someone you love them certainly isn't work but it is something and it is significant. If you aren't the touchy-feely type well I'm sorry but you are just going to have to get over it, it won't kill you to tell your significant other you love them.

Stop waiting for valentines day, anniversaries or whatever to say 'I love you'. If you have been in a relationship where these words aren't spoken then you know exactly what I'm talking about. You wait for your three times a year 'I love you' on valentines day, birthdays and on a Christmas card when you unwrap your gift. You are starving for those words haha. I know there are many ways of showing that you love someone but saying those words is just as important.

Listening is loving...

No comments:

Post a Comment