In The Pursuit Of Happiness

Hey everyone it's been a while since I last posted....reason I went on a little vaca and now I'm back bummer!!!! In all seriousness thanks for reading my blog and spending your precious time with me.




Today I find myself just being grateful for everything that has transpired in my life good and bad. After a week and a half of nothing but beaches, silence and a lot of reflection I find myself in a state of happiness. I think we are all subconsciously pursuing happiness. Whether its with friends, work, family whatever, we all want to be happy.

Through the past week I found that sometimes you have to choose to be happy with what you have and where you are in life. It's not an excuse for complacency but it's a choice to be at peace. I think also when you hit thirty you realize that there are some things you can't change or don't want to change so you have to be happy with them as they are. As the saying goes "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Where are you finding yourself today? Where are your thoughts leading you? This post isn't meant to have a life lesson but just really to cause you to pause today and ask yourself 'am I happy?' In this constant pursuit of happiness are you being more self destructive than constructive? Are you doing things that will be detrimental in the long run because you are chasing things you have no business chasing?

Find some time to just be quiet and to fill in the gaps to these questions and others that may arise. I say happiness is a choice because often not all the different aspects of our lives are aligned and hardly anyone can say that everything is perfect. But if you choose to see things differently you'll see that you can actually be in a state of being happy. For example if you have a child just thinking of them may bring you so much joy it overshadows everything else. Or say your career is finally going in the right direction and you realize your hard work is paying off. All it takes is putting everything in context.

A nice way to put it is even though this doesn't make me happy I am still blessed. Blessed people are happy people.

Find your happy place and stay blessed.

Listening is loving....

No comments:

Post a Comment