The Greatest Of This Is Love

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.  Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.




Remember I mentioned the fruits of the holy spirit that should be self evident. Well lets talk about love baby.... : ). The kind of love that is described here is a perfect kind of love. If we loved our friends and family this way it would be a perfect world. If we loved everyone this way whoa we would be in a trance like state of being. Can you imagine? Loving people as scripture asks us to. There wouldn't be angry people. Everyone would be in this happy state of being.

Isn't it funny that the things that would benefit us the most are usually the most difficult to do? Loving people is for our own good. When we get along with people it is just such a better way of being than being at odds all the time. I hate it when I fight with people or when I don't get along with someone. It's something in the pit of my stomach that doesn't feel right. I usually want to make things right but my pride gets in the way. BUT when then air is cleared its like a weight off my shoulders because we were made to love one another.

Notice that scripture describes love as being patient and kind. Loving someone requires patience. This makes me think of my parents and my teenage years. They were patient knowing I would grow out of it. They were kind enough to teach me and love me through this tough age. As the first born they had all their firsts with me and I can imagine them thinking 'which side of the family did she get that from'. Dont get me wrong I wasn't a wayward child but I was head strong and in my teenage mindset I knew everything.

Love doesn't insist on its own way. That means it is not selfish. It considers the other person and how they are affected by our actions. Love rejoices in truth. Hallelujiah! I do not like deceit and I abhor duplicitous people. Have you ever been duped by someone. It doesn't feel good does it. What kind of love does that?

Love bears and endures all things. Yes!!! This is the kind of love I want especially with my boyfriend. Love that doesn't give up on the other person. It believes in the other person and hopes for good things.

Can you imagine if we applied these principles in our lives? If we chose to love people as opposed to hating them  or being disinterested. It would be a wonderful world : ). Friends choose to love one another whether you are a christian or not. Choose love because we are told "So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love".

Listening is loving...

4 comments:

  1. Nice!! If you have the Love of God in your heart all the other fruits flow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes gasheri. Love makes all things beautiful!

      Delete
  2. I couldn't help share this verse after reading this..Galatians 5:14 GNB

    For the whole Law is summed up in one commandment: “Love your neighbour as you love yourself.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kush thanks so much for sharing!! I hope you are loving your neighbors : ).

      Delete