Losing Weight is Hard

Just do it!! Sounds so easy but its not!
A professor of mine once said weight loss is harder than making money. Now said professor makes money in his sleep with his investments, books etc so I thought 'how dare he?', 'how arrogant is that?'. In retrospect this man was right. I mean I have been working my butt off at the gym for the past year with nothing to show for it. Based on the progress pictures I see on Instagram I should be looking fine like really good but I'll be the first to tell you no one is signing me up for a Nike commercial anytime soon.



Now before you jump to any conclusions and say I don't work out hard enough or I don't work out smart I've tried everything under the sun from 21 day fix, Kayla  Itsines, circuit training, I even took up cross-fit for a little while : ) : ) and friends I'll tell you nothing worked!!! Despite my frustration I still work out. I'm a glutton for punishment. But can u imagine if I stopped?! I'd have to get a new closet. My mum is so funny. I told her I wanted to quit and she told me well if you look like this working out imagine how you'll look if you don't? Now that's motivation to work out, at least I can maintain this slippery slope!

I honestly don't know what's wrong with me. I can't figure out this magic formula. I eat well, I rarely eat junk so I don't understand why am not losing weight. I understand intuitively that you cannot work out a bad diet so believe me when I tell you I'm all about whole foods, cutting back on processed food and calorie dense food. A friend of mine told me I may be working out too hard so my body retains fat as reserves. The horror, my body is working against me. Needless to say this was music to my ears. Cutting back on gruesome hours at the gym, that's like a gift from heaven. So I started to work out smart. Still nothing!!

Can you sense a trend here. I've tried everything. I've invested the time to plan my meals and my work outs but alas the elusive weight goal remains. Some of you are going to advice me to get a trainer and the answer is NO. I cannot afford one. What if I don't get results? I may have to demand a refund and I don't foresee that being a successful course of action. I know I'm not the only one who is struggling. Losing weight is hard folks but nothing worthwhile comes easy..

I am not giving up yet. I'm determined to find something that works for me and something that's sustainable because being overweight is for the birds and I will not fly!!! Has anyone experienced what I'm going through? What have you tried? Did it work? In 2013 I was determined to lose weight and get all toned and it worked. I think I slacked off in 2014 and now in 2015 nothing I did before works. So you can't teach an old dog new tricks but maybe you can trick it into learning something new. I'll show this body of mine who's boss.....once I figure out the magic portion!!

Listening is loving....

No comments:

Post a Comment